i wish i had something cool about me that stood out but im sort of really lame
The Egg Nebula
The concentric shells of gas and dust that form this preplanetary nebula reflect light from an inner star, giving the Egg Nebula (also known as RAFGL 2688) its curious appearance.
The dust near the center is thick, blocking out any view of the central star. As it slowly begins to turn into a white dwarf, the star’s light reflects off the outer wisps of gas.
This is a false-color image created to show the effects of a phenomenon known as polarization. While unpolarized electromagnetic radiation vibrates in all directions, the dust grains in each concentric shell only reflect the light along one plane.
You can see the Egg Nebula in visible and infrared light here (image courtesy ESA/Hubble & NASA).
Image: NASA, W. Sparks (STScI) and R. Sahai (JPL)
studies show that i am a fucking idiot
a dead scene kid is trying to contact me through captcha
- don’t ever feel bad for asking me to tag a trigger
- i do not care what the trigger is
- i will tag it for you
- you have legitimate reasons to be triggered by it
- and i am not one to question those reasons
- so just send me an ask
- anonymous if you’re scared
- and i will tag it all the time in future
- your wellbeing is worth twenty extra seconds of my time at least
WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS.